29th October 2009
Consulting the Community
Call for Australia Day Award Nominations
The 2010 Hawkesbury Australia Day Award nominations are now open for the community to nominate and recommend individuals that they feel are worthy of one of the prestigious awards.
The awards, based on a process of nomination and selection by a Council committee, recognise achievements in the following categories:
- Citizen of the Year (selected from one of the 12 monthly winners)
- Young Person of the Year
- Sports Person of the Year
- Community Arts Award
- Commemorative Plaque
- Cultural Heritage Award
You can nominate for a Hawkesbury Australia Day Award for 2010 by filling out a nomination form which can be obtained from Council - 366 George St, Windsor, by calling 4560 4430 or online.
Nominations for the Hawkesbury Australia Day Awards close 4.30pm on Friday 13 November 2009.
Alcohol Free Zones
In accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act, 1993, Council proposes to consider the re-establishment of Alcohol Free Zones for a period of four (4) years commencing 1 January 2010 and expiring 31 December 2013 in the areas described, as follows:
- The roads and footpaths of the following blocks having boundaries of:
- Francis Street, West Market Street, Windsor Street and Bosworth Street, Richmond - including Coles Car Park in Richmond.
- East Market Street, Windsor Street, West Market Street and March Street, Richmond.
- George Street, Campbell Street, Mullinger Lane and Argyle Street, South Windsor - including the roads, footpaths and carparks of South Windsor Shopping Centre and McLeod Park, South Windsor.
- Charles Street, Elizabeth Street, Grose Vale and William Street, North Richmond
- The roads and footpaths at the following locations:
- East Market Street, Richmond - between Francis Street and Windsor Street, Richmond.
- Toxana Street, Richmond - between Francis Street and Windsor Street, Richmond.
- Windsor Street, Richmond - between East Market Street and Paget Street, Richmond.
- West Market Street, Richmond - between Lennox Street and March Street, Richmond.
- East Market Street, Richmond - between March Street and Lennox Street, Richmond.
- March Street, Richmond – between East Market Street and Paget Street, Richmond
- Paget Street, Richmond – between March Street and Windsor Street, Richmond
- George Street, Windsor - from the roundabout in Thompson Square to the corner of Arndell Street, Windsor.
- Eldon Street, Pitt Town - between Grenville Street and Chatham Street, Pitt Town.
- Along The Terrace, Windsor - adjoining Howe Park.
- The carparks and service roads at the following locations:
- Corner of Bells Line of Road and Pitt Lane, North Richmond.
- Glossodia Shopping Centre at 162 Golden Valley Drive, Glossodia.
- McGraths Hill Shopping Centre at Phillip Place McGraths Hill - being the block bounded by Phillip Place, Redhouse Crescent and McGraths Hill Community Centre.
- Wilberforce Shopping Centre at 15 King Road, Wilberforce.
- Kurmond Village Shopping Centre 519 – 521 Bells Line of Road, Kurmond
- Woodhills Carpark, Richmond.
- "Windsor Mall" George Street, Windsor.
The proposals may be inspected at Council’s Offices by contacting Council’s Senior Property Officer, Ms Nicole Spies on (02) 4560 4482 or Council’s Property Officer, Carmen Sant on (02) 4560 4435. Written submissions will be received within a period of 14 days from the date of this advertisement and should be addressed to the General Manager, Hawkesbury City Council, P.O Box 146, Windsor, NSW, 2756.
Please be advised that comments about these approvals may contain information that is personal information, such as information that identifies you, etc, for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protections Act.
The purpose of collecting this information is to assist Council in obtaining the views of those who may be affected by the proposals and will be utilised by Council Officers in assessing the proposals and other associated activities. The information may also be made available to third parties in accordance with the relevant legislation.
The submission of personal information with you comments is voluntary but, if not provided, may affect consideration of such comments. The information will ultimately by stored in Council’s records system.
Proposed Removal of Street Tree/s
Notice is given of proposed removal of street tree/s as detailed below:
|ID No||Species||Address||Reason||Specified Date|
|09/33||Paper Bark||41 Powell St, Hobartville 2753||To allow driveway cross over||12/11/09|
Any objection to this proposal must be in writing, quoting the above identification number/s and be lodged by the specified date.
Development Applications Determined
Tuesday 10 Ordinary 6.30pm
Tuesday 24 Ordinary 6.30pm
Tuesday 8 Ordinary 6.30pm
On 29 September 2009 Council resolved to start all Ordinary and Extraordinary Council meetings at 6.30pm.This new starting time will commence from the meeting to be held Tuesday, 10 November 2009.
Hawkesbury Regional Gallery - Greg Hansell - Survey
30 October – 6 December
Hawkesbury artist Greg Hansell works with earth pastels, handmade from rocks and clay without commercial pigments, binders or additives. His traditional and realist paintings are admired both in the Hawkesbury and beyond.
See Council website or phone the gallery for details of public programs including workshops and talks
A Hawkesbury Regional Gallery Exhibition
Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
Deerubbin Centre (1st Floor)
300 George Street WINDSOR
Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm Weekends 10am - 3pm. Closed Tuesdays and public holidays.
Free entry, all welcome
Page ID: 13115