18 April 2013
Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter
19, 20 & 21 April 2013
Visit Council’s display at the Hawkesbury Show to:
- Learn about the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter with information on microchipping, registration, being a responsible pet owner and much more.
- Have a go at our Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter kid’s activities for FREE.
- Get a Cheap Chip token to receive cheap microchipping for your pets.
- Learn about Council activities and services including the Library, Museum and Gallery, Bushcare, Hawkesbury Community Nursery and the digital economy.
- Find out about events and activities, maps and accommodation from the Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre.
- Lots of free giveaways and activities.
Hawkesbury - Small Business Week: 3 - 6 June 2013
Council will host a week of business activities, with business partners, to help small businesses in the Hawkesbury to grow. Activities, including seminars and networking opportunities, will be presented by:
- Australian Taxation Office - workshops: TAX Basic; Record Keeping and Self-Managed Super Funds.
- Hawkesbury Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) - workshops: What Makes a Good Website; Customer Service Essential; and How to Grow Your Business using Facebook.
- Hawkesbury City Chamber: After 5 Event - ''Mini-Biz Expo''
- TAFE Richmond - workshops: Online Presence for Every Business; and Social Media for Business.
- MCC - Hawkesbury Community College - `Cameo'' Community Courses (introduction to college courses).
- Hawkesbury City Council - feature events are:
- ''Switch on'' Hawkesbury Expo - Fast Broadband and Digital Business'' - Tuesday, 4 June 2013
- Tourism Business Afternoon - Wednesday, 5 June 2013
Hawkesbury Small Businesses are invited to be part of the Hawkesbury Small Business Week
To get the Program of Activities or Register for any of the workshops - contact Council on 4560-4579 or Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Telecommunications - call for community feedback
One of the visions of the Hawkesbury Community Strategic Plan is that our community is provided with efficient communication systems. Hawkesbury City Council is asking Hawkesbury residents and businesses for feedback about any issues regarding telecommunications, services and equipment, that they may use in the Hawkesbury area.
Feedback will be used to determine what level of service is currently provided as well as the current and future needs of the Hawkesbury community for telecommunications services. It will then be provided to Government agencies and telecommunications providers for their consideration.
Community feedback may include comments about:
- access to a standard telephone service (STS) or payphones
- service fees, billing issues or telephone faults
- customer service, mobile phone contract issues
- Internet access or wireless local area network access.
While Council is requesting community feedback about telecommunications services in the Hawkesbury, please direct specific complaints to your telecommunications service provider for resolution. If it remains unresolved, then you should contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Community feedback may be provided by emailing email@example.com. Please include your name, address and email contact details. Contact details will be only used for Council’s records requirements as part of privacy legislation.
For more information, call Strategic Activities on 02 4560 4579. The opportunity for feedback closes on Thursday, 20 June 2013.
Development Applications Recently Determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the following Development Consents were determined by Council.
>>> View applications
The development consents are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council Offices. Office hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Tuesday 23 Extra-Ordinary – Draft Delivery Program, Operational Plan, Budget & Rates Only 6.30PM
Tuesday 30 Ordinary 6.30PM
Page ID: 56014