2 May 2013
Governor Phillip Reserve and Boat Ramp Temporary Closure
Notice is given that Governor Phillip Reserve and boat ramp will be closed to the general public on Saturday, 4 and Sunday, 5 May 2013, as exclusive use has been granted to Upper Hawkesbury Power Boat Club for the 2013 Bridge to Bridge Power Boat Race.
Consulting the Community
Public Exhibition of Draft Delivery Program 2013-2017 and Draft Operational Plan 2013/2014
Each year Hawkesbury City Council outlines its activities for the coming year through a Delivery Program and an Operational Plan.
What the Delivery Program and Operational Plan are about
The Delivery Program details the principal activities to be undertaken by Council over the next four years, commencing from 1 July 2013. The Operational Plan spells out the details of the Delivery Program by identifying the projects, programs and activities to be undertaken during 2013/2014. The Operational Plan also contains a Statement of Revenue Policy, which includes estimated income and expenditure, fees and charges, and capital works program for 2013/2014.
The Draft Delivery Program 2013-2017 and Draft Operational Plan 2013/2014 are split into three volumes:
- Delivery Program 2013-2017
- Operational Plan 2013/2014 - Part 1 - regarding activities, rates, fees and charges, pricing methodology and borrowings.
- Operational Plan 2013/2014 - Part 2 - regarding estimated income and expenditure.
Where to see the Delivery Program and Operational Plan
The Draft Delivery Program 2013-2017 and Draft Operational Plan 2013/2014 will be on public exhibition for the period Thursday 2 May 2013 to Friday 31 May 2013. You can view the Program and Plan at:
- Council Offices, 366 George Street, Windsor
- Richmond Library and Hawkesbury Central Library at Windsor
- Online at Council's website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
How to have your say
Written submissions regarding the Delivery Program and Operational Plan may be made any time to Council during the exhibition period and can be sent to Council by any of the following methods:
- By mail: PO Box 146,Windsor NSW 2756
- By fax: 4587 7740
- By email: email@example.com
Please make reference to “Draft Delivery Program and Draft Operational Plan Submission” at the top of your submission. For any enquiries regarding the Draft Delivery Program 2013-2017 and Draft Operational Plan 2013/2014, please contact Council on 4560 4444.
Please be advised that comments about the Draft Delivery Program 2013-2017 and Draft Operational Plan 2013/2014 may contain information that is personal information, such as information that identifies you, etc, for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act.
The submission of personal information with your comments is voluntary but, if not provided, may affect consideration of such comments. The information will ultimately be stored in Council's records system.
Please note that confidentiality is not available to respondents. The details of any submissions may be included in a Council report. Information (including copies of submissions) may also be released in accordance with Council's Access to Information policy.
The purpose of collecting this information is to assist Council in obtaining the views of the community regarding this matter. The information may also be made available to third parties in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Hawkesbury - Small Business Week: 3 - 6 June 2013
Council will host a week of business activities, with business partners, to help small businesses in the Hawkesbury to grow. Activities, including seminars and networking opportunities, will be presented by:
- Australian Taxation Office - workshops: TAX Basic; Record Keeping and Self-Managed Super Funds.
- Hawkesbury Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) - workshops: What Makes a Good Website; Customer Service Essential; and How to Grow Your Business using Facebook.
- Hawkesbury City Chamber: After 5 Event - ''Mini-Biz Expo''
- TAFE Richmond - workshops: Online Presence for Every Business; and Social Media for Business.
- MCC - Hawkesbury Community College - `Cameo'' Community Courses (introduction to college courses).
- Hawkesbury City Council - feature events are:
- ''Switch on'' Hawkesbury Expo - Fast Broadband and Digital Business'' - Tuesday, 4 June 2013
- Tourism Business Afternoon - Wednesday, 5 June 2013
Hawkesbury Small Businesses are invited to be part of the Hawkesbury Small Business Week
To get the Program of Activities or Register for any of the workshops - contact Council on 4560-4579 or Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Telecommunications - call for community feedback
One of the visions of the Hawkesbury Community Strategic Plan is that our community is provided with efficient communication systems. Hawkesbury City Council is asking Hawkesbury residents and businesses for feedback about any issues regarding telecommunications, services and equipment, that they may use in the Hawkesbury area.
Feedback will be used to determine what level of service is currently provided as well as the current and future needs of the Hawkesbury community for telecommunications services. It will then be provided to Government agencies and telecommunications providers for their consideration.
Community feedback may include comments about:
- access to a standard telephone service (STS) or payphones
- service fees, billing issues or telephone faults
- customer service, mobile phone contract issues
- Internet access or wireless local area network access.
While Council is requesting community feedback about telecommunications services in the Hawkesbury, please direct specific complaints to your telecommunications service provider for resolution. If it remains unresolved, then you should contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Community feedback may be provided by emailing email@example.com. Please include your name, address and email contact details. Contact details will be only used for Council’s records requirements as part of privacy legislation.
For more information, call Strategic Activities on 02 4560 4579. The opportunity for feedback closes on Thursday, 20 June 2013.
Development Applications Recently Determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the following Development Consents were determined by Council.
>>> View applicatiSons
The development consents are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council Offices. Office hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Tuesday 14 Ordinary 6.30PM
Tuesday 28 Ordinary 6.30PM
Page ID: 57999