23 May 2013
Consulting the Community
Proposed Increase in Fees for the Purchase of Dogs and Cats from the Hawkesbury City Council Animal Shelter
At the Ordinary meeting of Council held on 14 May 2013, Council resolved to gain public comment on the increase in sales prices of cats and dogs sold from the Hawkesbury City Council Companion Animal Shelter. It is proposed to increase each of the current sale prices by $30.00 per animal, an increase on current fees of 10% to 15% dependent upon the category of sale.
The reason for the this proposal is to cover increased costs of caring for the animals coming into the Animal Shelter, which have risen by up to 32% for consumables used in running the shelter and tending to the needs of the animals.
Details of the current fees structure can be obtained from Council’s web site www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or Council’s Administration Building at 366 George Street, Windsor.
In accordance with Section 610F of the Local Government Act 1993, notification is hereby given of the proposed increase in fees by $30.00 per animal on current sale prices of animals sold from the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter.
Any submission about the proposed increased fees must be submitted in writing and received by 5pm on 19 June 2013. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146 Windsor 2756.
Hawkesbury - Small Business Week: 3 - 6 June 2013
Council will host a week of business activities, with business partners, to help small businesses in the Hawkesbury to grow. Activities, including seminars and networking opportunities, will be presented by:
- Australian Taxation Office - workshops: TAX Basic; Record Keeping and Self-Managed Super Funds.
- Hawkesbury Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) - workshops: What Makes a Good Website; Customer Service Essential; and How to Grow Your Business using Facebook.
- Hawkesbury City Chamber: After 5 Event - ''Mini-Biz Expo''
- TAFE Richmond - workshops: Online Presence for Every Business; and Social Media for Business.
- MCC - Hawkesbury Community College - `Cameo'' Community Courses (introduction to college courses).
- Hawkesbury City Council - feature events are:
- ''Switch on'' Hawkesbury Expo - Fast Broadband and Digital Business'' - Tuesday, 4 June 2013
- Tourism Business Afternoon - Wednesday, 5 June 2013
Hawkesbury Small Businesses are invited to be part of the Hawkesbury Small Business Week
To get the Program of Activities or Register for any of the workshops - contact Council on 4560-4579 or Fiona.email@example.com
Development Applications Recently Determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment SAct, 1979, the following Development Consents were determined by Council.
>>> View applications
The development consents are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council Offices. Office hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
The following vacant positions were advertised this week:
- SMF Technical Officer
- Spatial Information Officer
Details on the current vacancies are available on the positions vacant page.
Tuesday 28 Ordinary 6.30PM
Tuesday 18 Extra-Ordinary 6.30PM - Delivery Program, Operational Plan, Budge & Rates Adoption Only
Tuesday 25 Ordinary 6.30PM
Page ID: 58114