4 February 2016
Tuesday 16 6:30pm Extraordinary –Merger Proposal Submission
Tuesday 23 6:30pm Ordinary
Tuesday 8 6:30pm Ordinary
Extraordinary Meeting of Council
Members of the Hawkesbury community are advised that an Extraordinary meeting of the Council has been called for 6:30pm on Tuesday, 16 February 2016 in the Council Chambers, 366 George Street, Windsor.
The meeting is to consider Council’s formal submission to the merger proposal between Hawkesbury City Council and part of The Hills Shire Council.
The Business Paper for the meeting will be available from 12 noon on Friday, 12 February 2016 and can be viewed on Council’s website
To address the meeting on an item in the business paper you must register to speak prior to 3pm on the day of the meeting by contacting Council. An application form is available online. Hard copy forms are available from Council’s Administrative Building, 366 George Street, Windsor or by contacting the Manager Corporate Services and Governance on (02) 4560 4426.
Expressions of Interest
Tourism Working Group
Council is establishing a new exciting Tourism Working Group, as part of its approach to supporting the tourism sector in the Hawkesbury area.
The tourism working group is an action of the newly adopted Hawkesbury Tourism Strategy (Strategy) in 2015. The Strategy was developed with input from the community and tourism business operators; and through the process, it was clear there was a need for a group to progress a new approach to the local tourism experience in the Hawkesbury.
We are looking for tourism leaders to join the group, which is anticipated to first meet in March 2016. The group’s purpose is to be a forum of Council and local tourism sector leaders to strategically inform, guide and participate in key tourism activities lead by Council and the group to grow the local economy. It will be a conduit between Council and the tourism sector, drive the Hawkesbury tourism vision; and help develop a fresh new approach to the Hawkesbury offering for travellers and visitors. The group will be involved in building a destination website, along with planning a local tourism sector response to the 2017 Polo World Championships to be held at Richmond.
We need people who are ‘citizens of the Hawkesbury’ area, who may have skills and experience in the tourism sector, business and industry development and growth, investment attraction, business innovation, tours and event management and community development to join the tourism working group. We need strategic thinkers who can respond to tourism markets and visitors trends, to help position Hawkesbury tourism for the future.
Expressions of Interest are invited from individuals, community and business representatives to be part of the tourism working group, which will include Hawkesbury Councillors and Hawkesbury Council Management members. The tourism working group is not a Committee of Council.
For more information about the working group, including the objectives, membership, governance and the EOI Form, please contact Council’s Strategic Activities Planner, Fiona Mann on (02) 4560 4579 or email@example.com or visit Council’s website, www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au .
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm Wednesday, 24 February 2016.
Council is bound by the provisions of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998, in the collection, storage and utilisation of personal information provided. Accordingly, the personal information will only be utilised for the purposes for which it has been obtained
Please note, the canvassing of Councillors in relation to appointment to the Hawkesbury tourism Working Group will automatically disqualify the applicant from the process.
Development consents, complying development certificates, section 96 modifications and section 82a reviews recently determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, the following Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews were determined by Council.
- DA0242/15 520 Windsor Road, Vineyard. Dwelling house and intensive plant agriculture – Construction of a dwelling house, farm shed, stable yards and greenhouses and operation of intensive plant agriculture – Refused.
- DA0487/15 162 Fisher Road, Maraylya. Animal boarding or training establishment – Keeping of animals within an outbuilding in association with a mobile animal exhibition and education operation – Approved.
- DA0501/15 673 Terrace Road, Freemans Reach. Retrospective approval – Tourist and visitor accommodation – Approved.
- DA0586/15 254 Hermitage Road, Kurrajong Hills. Structure ancillary to dwelling house – Tree removal, earthworks and the construction of a horse arena – Approved.
- DA0647/15 295 Spinks Road, Glossodia. Structure ancillary to dwelling – Pergola, deck and awning – Approved.
- DA0691/15 1 Old Hawkesbury Road, McGraths Hill – Dwelling house – Alterations and additions – Approved.
- DA0724/15 32 George Street, Windsor. Structure ancillary to dwelling – Studio and entry gates – Approved.
- DA0739/15 22 Cliff Road, Freemans Reach. Structure ancillary to dwelling – Swimming pool and deck – Approved.
- DA0755/15 115 Pebbly Hill Road, Maraylya. Demolition of dwelling – Approved.
- DA0786/15 243 Saunders Road, Oakville – Tree removal – Removal of 3 trees – Approved.
- S960080/15 115–135 Pitt Town Road, McGraths Hill – Section 96 Amendment – Rural supplies – Modification of Development Consent DA0587/14 – Amendment to design and location of rural supplies building – Approved.
- S960083/15 330 Macquarie Street, South Windsor Modification of Development Consent DA0318/11 – Change of roof design and on-site detention – Approved.
- S960116/15 71 Hall Street, Pitt Town. Section 96 Amendment – Modifications to the consent for subdivision – Modifications to Development Consent No. DA0456/09 – Removal of Condition 9 – Approved.
- S960125/15 12 Arndell Street, Windsor. Dwelling house – S96 request to amend DA0823/14 alterations to floor layout and roof design – Approved.
The Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council’s offices. Office hours are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Volunteer opportunity at Hawkesbury Library
Are you tech savvy? Do you like helping people? Can you spare an hour each week or fortnight to this role? Hawkesbury Library Service is seeking a suitable person to fill a new Tech Connect Volunteer role at Windsor Central and Richmond Branch Libraries.
Aided by the Library Technical Administrator, as a Tech Connect Volunteer you will help patrons with basic technology problem solving and enquiries.
The skills required for this role are:
- Comfortable in using technology
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to create an email account
- Ability to use the WIFI
All additional training and support will be supplied.
Becoming a volunteer with the library service is an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, and be part of the library team, and provide an important and valuable service to the community.
For further enquiries or to obtain an application form contact the Volunteer Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 4560 4439.
Temporary - Salary negotiable from $87,600 pa + super + 19-day month
The Hawkesbury is one of Sydney’s largest and most picturesque local government areas spanning 2,800 square kilometres of national park, farm, village and town settings, with a population of 65,000. Offering a blend of urban and rural living within easy reach of Sydney, Parramatta and Penrith, the Hawkesbury is one of NSW’s best locations to live and work.
We are seeking an experienced professional engineer to assist with the implementation of Council’s Works Program for a temporary period of 12 months with the possibility of an extension. This role offers a diverse and interesting range of projects aligned with road maintenance and construction, drainage and the supervision of day labour and contractors.
Applicants must have a relevant tertiary qualification, a current Driver’s Licence, together with demonstrated experience in the maintenance and construction of roads; drainage; budget management and preparation of estimates. Sound project and contract management experience are also essential.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 12 February 2016.
How to Apply: For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply using Council’s Online Job Application process, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au. For specific job enquiries contact Council’s Human Resources Branch on (02) 4560 4499.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Council is committed to high ethical standards for staff and their dealings with the public which is reflected in our organisational Code of Conduct.
Please note, the canvassing of Councillors in relation to this matter will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.
Page ID: 73702