18 January 2018
Development Applications Recently Determined
The Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews recently determined. Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the following Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews were determined by Council.
- DA0088/17 - Australiana Pioneer Village 496 Wilberforce Road WILBERFORCE -Community Facility - Construction of a Boat Shed - Approved
- DA0392/17 - 31 Palmer Street WINDSOR-Animal Boarding or Training Establishment - Construction of Stables/Amenities Building, Horse Riding Arena, Lighting and Use of the land for Equestrian Training - Approved
- DA0407/17 - 41 Level Crossing Road VINEYARD -Dwelling House - Alterations and Additions and Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0425/17 - 105 Hibberts Lane FREEMANS REACH -Intensive Plant Agriculture and Plant Nursery - Approved
- DA0444/17 - 682 Slopes Road THE SLOPES -Dwelling House - Approved
- DA0466/17 - 146 George Street WINDSOR -Tree Removal & Pruning - Removal of one tree and pruning of one tree - Approved
- DA0503/17 - 83 Hall Street PITT TOWN -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Outbuilding, Carport and Pergola - Approved
- DA0538/17 - 2/9 Hannabus Place MULGRAVE -Warehouse or Distribution Centre - Wine Distribution - Approved
- DA0571/17 - 638 George Street SOUTH WINDSOR-Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Carport - Approved
- DA0585/17 - 187 Windsor Street RICHMOND-Business Premises - Change of Use to Skin Penetration Premises and Hair Dressing Salon - Approved
- DA0590/17 - 10 Wells Street PITT TOWN -Dwelling House, Outbuilding, Swimming Pool and Secondary Dwelling under SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 – Approved
- DA0593/17 - 74 London Place GROSE WOLD -Dwelling House - Alterations, Additions and Swimming Pool - Approved
- DA0595/17 - 259 Grono Farm Road WILBERFORCE -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Alterations and Additions to Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0605/17 - 156 Boomerang Drive GLOSSODIA -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0608/17 - 20 Hanckel Road OAKVILLE -Dwelling House - Alterations and Additions and Swimming Pool - Approved
- DA0610/17 - 17 Eaton Street AGNES BANKS-Dwelling House - Approved
- DA0615/17 - 46 The Cedars Avenue PITT TOWN -Dwelling House - Approved
- DA0765/16 - 19 Fitzgerald Street WINDSOR -Boarding House - Alterations and additions to the building and the creation of a 19 room boarding house and commercial premises - Approved
- DA0851/16 - 65 Neilson Crescent BLIGH PARK -SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 - Secondary Dwelling - Conversion of Existing Garage to a Secondary Dwelling - Deferred Commencement
- S960116/17 - 725 Windsor Road VINEYARD -Modification of Development Consent No DA0177/14 - Staging of Proposed Development and Removal of Requirement for Consolidation of Allotments - Approved
- S82A0007/17 - 158 Portland Head Road EBENEZER -Review of Determination of DA0074/17 - Tree Removal - Removal of five trees – Approved
- DA0300/17 - 261 Pebbly Hill Road CATTAI -Subdivision - Three Lot Torrens Title Subdivision - Approved
- DA0310/17 - 87 Railway Road North MULGRAVE -General Industries - Construction of 36 Industrial/Warehouse Units, Food and Drink Premises, Associated Car Parking and Landscaped Area - Approved
- DA0351/17 - 79 Macquarie Street WINDSOR -Vehicle Sales or Hire Premises - Use of Site as a Car Sales Yard, Construction of Sales Office, Hard Stand Vehicle Display Area, Associated Car Parking and Signage - Approved
- DA0356/17 - 12 Manns Road WILBERFORCE -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Outbuilding-Approved
- DA0406/17-147 Wilberforce Road, WILBERFORCE -Farm Building - Approved
- DA0431/17-346 Cornwallis Road, CORNWALLIS -Farm Building - Demolition of Existing Farm Building and Construction of Farm Building and Water Storage Facility - Approved
- DA0458/17 - 752A Comleroy Road KURRAJONG -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Equestrian Arena - Approved
- DA0471/17 - Colonial Reserve 111 Colonial Drive BLIGH PARK -Telecommunication Facility - Removal of Existing Light Pole, Installation of Telecommunications Monopole Incorporating Sports Field Lighting and Associated Equipment Shelter - Approved
- DA0482/17 - 150 Boundary Road OAKVILLE-Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Driveway - Approved
- DA0516/17 - 18 Farmhouse Avenue PITT TOWN -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Awning-Approved
- DA0519/17 - 29 Turnbull Avenue WILBERFORCE -SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 - Filling of Existing Swimming Pool and Construction of Secondary Dwelling - Approved
- DA0535/17 - 57 Mill Road KURRAJONG -Demolition of Existing Dwelling House-Approved
- DA0536/17 - 60 Spinks Road GLOSSODIA -Farm Building-Approved
- DA0541/17 - 484A Comleroy Road KURRAJONG -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0543/17 - 43 Luttrell Street HOBARTVILLE -Dwelling House - Alterations and Additions-Approved
- DA0552/17-584 Terrace Road, FREEMANS REACH -Dwelling House - Retention of Existing Dwelling - Refused
- DA0557/17 - 1 Stubbs Street PITT TOWN -Dwelling House, Outbuilding, Swimming Pool and Secondary Dwelling under SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 - Approved
- DA0559/17 - 24 Ski Lodge Road CUMBERLAND REACH -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0569/17 - 30 King Road WILBERFORCE-Dwelling House - Alterations, Additions and Carport - Approved
- DA0578/17 - 18 Warks Hill Road KURRAJONG HEIGHTS -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0583/17 - 71 Sargents Road EBENEZER -Dual Occupancy (Attached) - Alterations, Additions and Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0588/17 - 6 Mahony Street PITT TOWN -Dwelling House, Attached Secondary Dwelling under SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 and Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0604/17 - 68 Pebbly Hill Road MARAYLYA -Dwelling House - Demolition of Existing Dwelling and Construction of Dwelling House - Approved
- DA0611/17 - 81 Arthur Phillip Drive NORTH RICHMOND -Dwelling House-Approved
- DA0612/17 - 22 Jamison Crescent NORTH RICHMOND -Dwelling House-Approved
- DA0616/17 - 245 Old Stock Route Road, OAKVILLE -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Swimming Pool and Tree Removal - Approved
- DA0617/17 - 448 Grose Vale Road GROSE VALE -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Patio-Approved
- DA0618/17 - 10 Pecks Road NORTH RICHMOND -Dwelling House-Approved
- DA0620/17 - 31 Turnbull Avenue WILBERFORCE -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Pergola-Approved
- DA0621/17 - 11 Mahony Street PITT TOWN -Dwelling House-Approved
- DA0624/17 - 55 Elizabeth Street NORTH RICHMOND -Dwelling House - Alterations and Additions - Approved
- DA0628/17 - 25 Church Road WILBERFORCE -Dwelling House - Alterations and Additions-Approved
- DA0631/17 - 499 George Street SOUTH WINDSOR -Business Premises - Use of shop 9 as business premises - Approved
- DA0635/17 - The Islands, 276-20 Hermitage Road KURRAJONG HILLS -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Awning - Approved
- DA0638/17 - 7 Hawkesbury Street PITT TOWN -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Garage-Approved
- DA0656/17 - 6 Mantle Avenue NORTH RICHMOND -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Retaining Wall - Approved
- DA0664/17 - 40 Cleary Drive PITT TOWN -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling - Entertaining Area, Retaining Walls, Stairs and Driveway - Approved
- S960049/17 - 532 Terrace Road FREEMANS REACH -Modification of Development Consent No. DA0411/14 - Design Amendments - Approved
- S960109/17 - 1026 Grose Vale Road KURRAJONG -Modification of Development Consent No.DA0647/16 - Amendment to Access Arrangements - Approved
- S960121/17 - 501 East Kurrajong Road EAST KURRAJONG -Modification of Development Consent No.DA0672/15 - Design Amendments - Approved
- S960127/17 - 48 Kurrajong Road KURRAJONG -Modification of Development Consent No. DA0508/17 - Design Amendments - Approved
- S960131/17 - 108 Valley Ridges Road BILPIN -Modification of Development Consent No. DA0137/17 - Review of Water Storage Requirements - Approved
- S960157/16 - 607 Settlers Road LOWER MACDONALD -Modification of Development Consent No. MA0808/00 - Covered Deck & Toilet - Refused
The Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews are available for public inspections, without charge, at Council’s offices. Office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Consulting the Community
Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel
The NSW Government has directed all metropolitan Councils to establish an Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel (IHAP) to determine planning applications for local developments.
Nominations are therefore being sought from interested persons in relation to the role of Community Representatives to the Hawkesbury City Council Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel.
When in operation, the IHAP will comprise:
* a chair and two independent experts – drawn from a pool selected by the State Government
* one representative of the local community – drawn from a pool selected by Hawkesbury City Council.
Council is therefore looking for a mix of people who live locally to join the Hawkesbury City Council IHAP.
Your role as an IHAP member will be a part-time, paid role commencing March 2018. The position will be paid in accordance with rates as set by the NSW Government. Further details will be available upon appointment to the Panel.
Selection criteria: You will be expected to contribute constructively to panel discussions, attend up to 12 meetings a year, and help determine applications for new development in your area. Membership of the panel is for up to three years.
Mayors, councillors, property developers and real estate agents are not eligible to apply.
If you would like to apply, download a copy of the relevant nomination form at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or contact Andrew Kearns at (02) 4560 4604 for more information.
Applications must be sent to the General Manager at PO Box 366, Windsor NSW 2756 or email at email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday, 30 January 2018.
Further details about IHAPs can be found on Council's website at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and at www.planning.nsw.gov.au
Australia Day Fireworks Notification
Hawkesbury City Council would like to advise that there will be a fireworks display on the river at 9pm at Governor Phillip Park on Australia Day, 26 January 2017. Residents are advised to take due precautions for the comfort of any livestock and pets.
Access to Information Policy – JR 0554
Council recently completed a major review of its Access to Information Policy with the aim of improving the Policy to be more in line with the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009 (GIPA Act), and other guidelines published by the NSW Information and Privacy Commission. Consequently, at its meeting on 12 December 2017, Council resolved to place the revised Access to Information Policy on public exhibition for a period of 28 days and seek submissions from interested parties.
In accordance with that decision, Council’s Draft Access to Information Policy is placed on public exhibition until Friday, 16 February 2018 and may be viewed on Council’s website at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or at Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor. For further information, please contact Council’s Manager Corporate Services and Governance on (02) 4560 4444 or attention email enquiries accordingly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a submission, Council will receive these, in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146, Windsor NSW 2756, by fax to (02) 4587 7740 or by email to email@example.com up to close of business on Friday, 16 February 2018. Council will consider all submissions received at a subsequent Council Meeting.
Should you lodge a submission, it will be considered, along with any other submissions received and may be included in Council’s meeting business paper. Your submission, including any personal information, is accessible by any person upon written application, subject to Council’s Privacy Management Plan and the GIPA Act. The inclusion of personal information in your submission is voluntary but, if not provided, may affect consideration of the submission. The information will ultimately be stored in Council’s records system.
Tuesday 30 Ordinary 6.30 pm
Tuesday 13 Ordinary 6.30pm
Tuesday 27 Ordinary 6.30pm
Exciting Urban Planning Opportunities
Ready to supercharge your career?
- 2 x new positions
- Salary circa $120k pa package
- Leaseback Vehicle
- 19 Day Month
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career as a planning professional, working on projects within Sydney’s largest and most picturesque local government area, here is your chance.
We are looking for two open-minded planning professionals with the right skills, character and attitude to join our team! Both positions report to the Manager Strategic Planning and will provide the candidate with a wide range of experiences and opportunities in shaping the future of the Hawkesbury.
This exciting role will focus on the organisation’s strategic planning functions associated with Town Centre Revitalisation, Placemaking, Heritage, Urban Design and Sustainability.
You will also have the opportunity work on social planning initiatives, Land Use Strategy, Policy and Planning Instruments, and provide the opportunity to participate in strategic environmental and sustainability programs in a collaborative team focused environment.
You must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Design, Heritage, Environmental Planning, Sustainability, Economics, Social Science or related discipline.
Strategic Land Use Planning Coordinator
This exciting role will provide the opportunity to focus on strategic planning functions associated with Land Use Strategy, Policy and Planning Instruments including Local Environmental Plans, Local Plans, Development Control Plan, Contribution Plans (Voluntary Planning agreements, Section 64 and 94 Plans) in a collaborative and team focused manner.
You must have:
Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning, Management, Law or related discipline.
For both position you must have:
- Class C Licence
- Significant post-graduate experience in Strategic Planning, particularly in Local Government and public administration or business
- High level of interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a collaborative and team focused environment
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
To Apply: For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications Close 5pm Sunday, 11 February 2018.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
The canvassing of Councillors in relation to applications for employment will automatically disqualify the applicant from the process.
Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- Salary negotiable up to $86K pa + 9.5% Super
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible working arrangements considered
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career as a planning professional, working on projects within one of Sydney’s largest and picturesque local government areas?
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community we want to hear from you!
The exciting role involves assessing, processing and managing a range of development applications in a fast-paced team environment. You will also have the chance to provide advice and guidance to both the public and development industry.
You must Have:
- Degree in Town/Urban & Regional Planning or other appropriate Town Planning qualifications
- Sound knowledge of the relevant acts
- Sounds knowledge of DA assessment
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 11 February 2018
Applications who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.
Page ID: 102900