Cycling & Walking Information
Hawkesbury City Council encourages both local and visiting cyclists to enjoy the benefits of its cycle network, whilst enjoying many of the attractions on offer.
The Hawkesbury Bicycle Steering Committee has been instrumental in planning the development of cycle paths in the Hawkesbury and this is reflected in ongoing planning.
Are there specific Road Rules? If you ride a bicycle remember the following:
- Don't carry more persons than the bicycle is designed to carry.
- Don't ride on the footpath if you are aged 12 years or older.
- You must not ride within 2 metres of the rear of a moving motor vehicle continuously for more than 200 metres.
- You must wear an approved helmet (unless exempt under another law).
- Go together
- Hawkesbury Mobility Plan
- Hawkesbury Cycle and Bushwalk Guide
For further information contact Council's Road Safety Program Coordinator on (02) 4560 4498.
Page ID: 38788