The NSW Government passed the Film Related Legislation Amendment Bill on 18 June 2008 to maintain its competitive advantage in relation to commercial filming in NSW. The Act commenced on 30 March 2009.
As a result of consultation with the Local Government and Shires Association, Councils and the industry sector, a revised Local Government Filming Protocol has been developed.
The Protocol was released on Monday 23 March 2009 as an enabler of the legislation.
This Protocol replaces the Local Government Filming Protocol 2000.
The Protocol outlines the requirements of all Councils and State agencies in relation to managing commercial filming applications.
- Local Government Filming Protocol 2009
- Filming Projects - Guidelines for Parking and Road Closures
- Standardised Conditions of Hire
- Fees for Commercial Filming in the Shire
- Filming and Photography Application Form
Other useful resources:
- Screen Australia is the federal agency supporting screen production
- The Internet Movie Database is the major international site for film and television fans and professionals alike
For further information contact the Sean Perry by:
- Phone: (02) 4560 4507
- Fax: (02) 4560 4400
Page ID: 12354