Promoting arts events & groups
- Community Directory - Is your arts/cultural group a local community group or organisation? If yes, is it listed in Hawkesbury City Council’s Community Directory? If not, you will find the Community Directory Listing Formonline. The Cultural Organisations in the Hawkesbury section lists community-based visual and performing arts groups as well as facilities. Thirty three councils in NSW share this database so your listing will have a wide reach.
- Online Events calendar - Hawkesbury City Council has an events calendar on its homepage. Hawkesbury events can be listed on this by completing the Event Calendar Request Form.
- Email your event information to community radio station, Hawkesbury Radio email@example.com
- Send your information and good quality images to mainstream media outlets, as well as use social media platforms.
- Submit your event news to the Hawkesbury Gazette for inclusion in the Community Diary.
Available grants, resources and professional development
- Create NSW is the NSW Government’s arts and cultural driver, and provides funding programs across the arts, screen and culture.
- Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government's arts funding and advisory body. Its grants program supports a diverse range of artists, organisations, artistic practice and arts activity.
- Museums & Galleries of NSW for a range of information as well as grants for volunteer museums.
- NAVA (National Association for the Visual Arts) for a range of information as well as grant programs.
- Sidney Myer Fund & The Myer Foundation The Sidney Myer Fund believes individual artists are the life-blood and creative force of our arts community.
Community exhibition space
Located in the Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street Windsor, the Stan Stevens Studio is available for community arts groups to book for workshops and exhibitions. It is free of charge for local community groups. Click here for information and booking forms.
Exhibiting at the Gallery
Expressions of interest from artists and art groups for exhibitions to be included as part of the Gallery's exhibition program, are welcome. The exhibition program provides a diverse range of artistic projects, themes and media over the year through a combination of touring and in-house produced exhibitions. Exhibition planning is usually finalised two years in advance.
The Gallery has two distinct spaces: (a) a small self-contained exhibition space of 8 x 3 metres and (b) a large space of 23 x 15 metres with movable walls that divide the space into different configurations. Artists interested in the large space (b) will usually be displayed alongside one or two other exhibitions due to the size of the space, or may be included in in-house produced exhibitions. The large space also includes a projection room. Each space has a number of architectural features such as windows and doors to consider when planning how to use the space. The Gallery has multimedia equipment and exhibition furniture. Architect plans and equipment details are available on request.
Selling your work in the Gallery shop
Applications from creators of art/design related products, especially those which showcase and promote the creativity of the Hawkesbury region, are welcome. If you have a product that is of high quality, competitively priced and appeals to a creative and artistically minded audience, please contact the Gallery.
The Hawkesbury Regional Museum and Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre also sell locally made items suited to their customers, and at the right price point, and welcome your inquiries.
Local art galleries
For information on commercial galleries in the Hawkesbury go to the Arts & Galleries section of the Discover the Hawkesbury
There are two Hawkesbury musician network groups which are set up to promote and connect local musicians, and more broadly to showcase music in the Hawkesbury.
Musicians can create profiles on the Hawkesbury Musicians’ Network (HMN) website, add links to your music (e.g. via Soundcloud, Youtube etc) or website. You can update the description of your music on the Events Calendar and add future events. There are “how-to” videos on the site to help new users set up profiles and add events.
- The HMN website address is: https://www.hmn.org.au
- Closed Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1962161914026491/
- Public Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hawkesburymusicians/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hawkesburymusicians/
Page ID: 80067