Hawkesbury Family History Group
Interested in family history and discovering more? The Hawkesbury Family History Group is coordinated by the Hawkesbury Library Service. Operating since 1982, regular meetings are held where like-minded people gather and learn more about genealogy.
The Hawkesbury Family History Group does not have its own facilities so researchers are encouraged to visit the Library’s Local Studies Collection which holds a wealth of material relating to family and local history.
The group regularly donates books and research tools for inclusion in the Local Studies Collection. The group does not undertake research on behalf of others.
There are no membership fees and anyone interested in family history is welcome to attend meetings.
Hawkesbury Family History Group meetings
- When: Meetings are held every second Wednesday of the month (except January) from 10 - 11.45am.
- Where: Tebbutt Room, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street Windsor, NSW 2756.
- What: Guest speakers feature at each meeting, talking on a variety of topics, relating to family and local history.
Family history classes
The Library regularly runs classes relating to family history. To find out what classes are on offer, visit the What’s on page.
The Hawkesbury Family History Group is responsible for several publications including:
- The Hawkesbury Crier
The Group’s journal is produced in March, June, September and December. Annual subscription is available electronically or by post, current prices see Order Form. Approx. 28pp Articles, notices and enquiries welcome. Hawkesbury Crier Order Form
- eNews Hawkesbury Family History Group
A free monthly eNews sheet distributed to those attending the monthly meetings of the Hawkesbury Family History Group. Archived newsletters can be accessed here. If you would like to be placed on the free email list please send your name and email address to email@example.com or click here to download Order Form.
- Hawkesbury Pioneer Register Vol. 1 and 2
- The Hawkesbury Pioneer Register Vol. 1 is an informative research tool, listing biographical details of Hawkesbury families published in 1994. A4 size, over 1,000 entries, from 450 contributors, illustrated and indexed.
- The Hawkesbury Pioneer Register Vol. 2 lists biographical details of Hawkesbury families and was published in 2001. A4 size, over 800 entries, from 300 contributors, illustrated and indexed.
Both available for sale at Hawkesbury Library or posted anywhere in Australia.
For further information on the Hawkesbury Family History Group contact:
Local History Librarian
Page ID: 74927