Waste Management Facility
Location and Contact Details
The Hawkesbury City Waste Depot is located on The Driftway at South Windsor.
The waste depot consists of 28 hectares of land which is leased from the University of Western Sydney (Hawkesbury Campus). Residents of the Hawkesbury are the only people allowed to use the facility.
Phone: (02) 4560 4444
- Items accepted at the Waste Management Facility
- Prohibited Items/Wastes
- Waste Management Facility Fee Structure 2020-2021
- Public Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
Conditions of Entry
The Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility receives domestic and some other selected waste from within the Hawkesbury Local Government Area only, including recyclables. Materials from elsewhere are not accepted.
The Facility is open to eligible persons with proof of residency i.e. your current drivers licence is acceptable for domestic materials from your home address, within the Hawkesbury LGA only.
In the case of commercial customers or persons bringing materials from other than their own address, documentation to prove the materials are from within the Hawkesbury City Council LGA is required i.e. the current Hawkesbury Council rates notice for the property where the materials came from is required to enter the facility.
Persons without sufficient documentation will be refused entry
When attending the Hawkesbury Waste Management Facility, please follow these guidelines:
- Payment via tap and go or EFTPOS is preferable.
- Residents must follow all instructions issued by onsite staff and practise social distancing with a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, throw used tissues in the bin and clean your hands with soap and water or sanitiser
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into a flexed elbow
- Residents who are unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who may have contracted COVID-19, should not attend the facility.
Page ID: 35318