In September 2004, Council reviewed its Committee structure resulting in four broad committee types. These Committee types are generally described as follows:
- Committees of Council – Committees established under the provisions of Section 377 of the Local Government Act 1993. These Committees perform certain functions as identified in their constitutions (which are modelled on the draft pro-forma constitution adopted by Council) and include provision for Councillor Representation. These Committees operate in accordance with Council’s adopted pro-forma constitution.
- Statutory Committees - Committees, which are required to be established by legislation, or to meet obligations set down by Government departments and/or funding agencies. These Committees have set functions and terms of reference. They differ from Section 377 Council Committees, in that they are issue-specific and may meet irregularly on a ‘as needs’ basis and in practical terms cannot operate under Council’s pro-forma constitution.
- Committees in which Council has a Financial Interest - these Committees may manage Council owned facilities or funded services auspiced by Council. They generally operate as autonomous entities (incorporated associations) in accordance with their own constitutions. These Committees have a financial relationship with Council in that Council either provides a direct (financial) or an in-kind contribution (land or facilities) to support their operations, or Council has delegated responsibility for the management of a Council funded or Council auspiced services to them.
- Other Committees - Committees, which operate as autonomous entities and generally perform non-Council related functions. Councillor representation on these Committees is on an invitation basis.
Council Committees are as listed below:
Council Committees of which all members are councillors
- Community Services
- Innovation and Partnerships
Council Committees including Community Representative
- Disaster and Emergency
Council Committees Business Papers and Podcasts
Council Committees will continue to be livestreamed by YouTube.
Page ID: 156993