Resilient Hawkesbury Grants
Hawkesbury City Council is offering communities impacted by the 2019-2020 Summer Bushfires grants of $500- to 5,000- (subject to application and funding availability). The grants support community groups, joint organisations and not-for-profit groups to undertake projects that enhance social recovery and preparedness activities
Hawkesbury City Council acknowledges that these grants have been made available through funding provided to Council under the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund
Funding Eligibility Criteria:
- Projects should be community-led events/programs for grass-roots activities that contribute to community recovery and/or resilience including projects that support community wellbeing.
- Applicants must be not-for profit and an incorporated association, or auspiced by a not-for-profit incorporated association
- Projects will need to contribute to one or more of the following Disaster Recovery Outcomes:
- The needs of vulnerable groups are addressed in disaster recovery
- The community is aware of the disaster recovery processes
- The community can express its changing disaster recovery needs
- Community members are aware of the risks of future disasters
- The community has improved capacity and capability to respond to future disasters
- Business and not-for-profits have in place adequate mitigation practices for risks and threats
- Government, private sector, civil society and organisations are engaged in plans for preparedness and management of the recovery
- Examples of projects include:
- Creating/enhancing community connections
- Creative activities
- Community events/celebrations
- Physical activities
- Mental health initiatives
- Connection to land/environment
Activities that are not eligible for funding:
- Applications that request ongoing program funding
- Applications for projects and/or activities that are not related to the community recovery attributed to the bushfire event
- Applications that request covering existing debts or budget deficits.
How to apply:
- Complete the application form
- Applications for Round 4 will be received until close of business 30 Sept 2021
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome of the application by 15 October 2021
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. For more information and to apply for a Resilient Hawkesbury Grant call (02) 4560 4576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed in this material do not necessarily reflect the views of the New South Wales Government.
Community Sponsorship Program
The Community Sponsorship Program enables Council to work in partnership with our community to build a vibrant, connected and liveable Hawkesbury.
Council’s Community Sponsorship Program provides financial assistance to support Hawkesbury based community organisations or individuals wanting to undertake activities that address key strategies and directions within Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
Round 1 2021/2022 is now open and applications will be received until close of business 31 August 2021. Applications received after that date will be retained for inclusion in Round 2 of the 21/22 financial year.
There are three categories within the Community Sponsorship Program.
Financial assistance may be provided to subsidise half (50%) of the cost of hiring a Council or community facility with a maximum Council contribution of $750-. To be eligible an applicant must be a not-for-profit community group located in the Hawkesbury or providing services to the Hawkesbury.
Financial assistance may be provided to support the participation of residents who have been selected to represent their community in regional, national or international sporting competitions and cultural events. The level of contribution has been set at $150- for individuals and $750- for a team of 5 or more.
Council may provide funding community programs that help build a connected, healthy, inclusive and resilient Hawkesbury. The maximum funding is $3000-.
Community Sponsorship Strategy
Hawkesbury City Council has recently developed a Community Sponsorship Strategy. The Strategy delivers a transparent framework for Council to determine funding for community organisations and individuals applying under the Resilient Hawkesbury category.
As part of the Community Sponsorship Strategy Council has developed an:
- Eligibility Criteria – Council will only support community organisations and individuals whose applications meet the Criteria in the Eligibility Criteria. It is recommended that sponsorship applicants review the Criteria and ensure that their application meets the Criteria guidelines.
- Assessment Criteria Matrix – Council will assess each application against the Assessment Criteria Matrix to provide objectivity and a guide to applicant’s about the criteria Council will be using when making a decision about whether to support the project. The ‘score’ will be a good guide as to whether Council will support the event. It is recommended applicants review the Assessment Matrix Criteria and associated information to ensure their event scores as highly as possible on the Matrix.
It is recommended that all applicants review the Community Sponsorship Strategy, particularly the Eligibility Criteria and the Assessment Criteria Matrix prior to submitting a Community Sponsorship Application Form
Council can also support Registered Charitable Organisations to promote signature events and/or national/state-wide funding appeals. To learn about Council’s approach to supporting these initiatives please review Council’s Guidelines for Working with Charitable Organisations (PDF - 157KB)
If you would like more information on sponsorship opportunities or to apply for funding, please contact Hawkesbury City Council's Volunteer Programs and Community Grants Co-Ordinator on (02) 4560 4576 or Patricia.SUNDIN@hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
For information on funding for community events please contact our Events Co-ordinator on (02) 4560 4404.
Page ID: 164477