Drainage Diagrams

A drainage diagram shows the location of the house’s internal and external service lines and the location of the Council’s sewer mains.  A drainage diagram is a document that is required to be attached to a contract of sale as stated in the Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2017.

Hawkesbury City Council is the sewer authority for a large portion of the local government area and reticulated sewer is provided by Hawkesbury City Council to the following areas:

  • Bligh Park
  • McGraths Hill
  • Mulgrave
  • South Windsor
  • Windsor

and the majority of:

  • Windsor Downs
  • Pitt Town

Where reticulated sewer exists, a drainage diagram may assist in locating the sewer main, sewer junction and the private house service connection.  For properties that are not connected to Council’s sewer, a letter will be issued stating that the land is not serviced by Council’s sewer.

If you are unsure whether the land is serviced by Council’s sewer, Sydney Water or is unserviced please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on (02) 4560 4444 for more information.

To apply for a drainage diagram, please complete Council’s Application for Certificates/Documents form (the current fee is shown on the form) and submit to Council by:

  • Email to
  • Post to: Hawkesbury City Council, P.O. Box 146, Windsor NSW 2756 or to: DX 8601 Windsor.
  • In Person at our Customer Service Centre at 366 George Street Windsor, between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Page ID: 161800

Dark mode
High contrast