Update to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
The Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 was significantly amended on 1 March 2018 involving complete restructuring and renumbering. References to Clauses within this Act have changed, including names of some certificates, applications and other services provided by Council. While every effort is being made to update the website and documentation, Council asks for your understanding as we work to implement these changes.
Development Services at Council looks after anything to do with your proposals to build in the Hawkesbury area as well as planning for new development areas in the future. For information on processes for putting in development applications and construction certificates, information on heritage grants available and the community consultation process for plans on exhibition look in this section.
We can help you to answer these questions:
- Do I need approval from Council?
- How do I lodge an application and how long will it take to assess?
- Will a neighbour's development proposal affect me?
- How can I comment on a proposed development?
- How do I find out more about Heritage?
- Phone (02) 4560 4444 or email email@example.com
- Enquiries by phone or in person can be made to the Customer Service Unit from 8.30am - 5.00pm Mon - Fri
- A Duty Officer is available in person from 8.30am - 1.00pm Mon - Fri and will return calls from 2.00pm – 5.00pm Mon- Fri
- For detailed enquiries please provide a written request and we will respond in writing
Please phone to book an appointment for:
- pre-DA meetings
- lodgment or discussion of major DAs, CCs (building and engineering) and Subdivision Certificates (linen plans)
- meetings with Council 's Heritage Advisor
Page ID: 141