Rates Notice - Terms and Conditions
- Council will no longer mail paper Rates or Instalment notices to you, or any person to whom paper notices for the nominated property were previously sent.
- All future Annual Rates and Instalment notices will be in the form of a PDF attachment to an email sent to the address nominated by you. Please note Supplementary and Missed Instalment notices will still be sent by mail.
- You must advise any other person to whom the paper Annual Rates and Instalment notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive a paper Annual Rates and Instalment notices as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
- You must check your nominated email address for Rates and Instalment notices before the respective payment due dates of 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May.
- You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
- You agree that you will retain the Annual Rates and Instalment notice information yourself electronically or by printing it.
- You can withdraw your request for email delivery of Annual Rates and Instalment notices at any time by deregistering on Council’s website.
- You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date with Council. If you change your email address you must deregister first then re-register with your new details.
- The delivery of the Annual Rates and Instalment notices via email will be cancelled if any owner of the nominated property or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
- Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper Annual Rates and Instalment notices to the last advised mailing address for that property.
- If Council receives a ‘bounce-back’ notification from your email address, a paper Annual Rates or Instalment notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the property. If two or more consecutive ‘bounce-backs’ occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of Annual Rates and Instalment notices for that property. An ‘out of office’ notification will not be considered a ‘bounce-back’ notification.
- In the event that debt recovery is required on the rates accounts, these notices will be posted to the last recorded mailing address for that property.
Using an ‘out of office’ or similar notification for change of email address will not be deemed sufficient to have advised Council for a change of email address as Annual Rates and Instalment notices are sent from a mailing house and not directly from Council.
- Council will collect and hold the personal information contained in the application for the purpose of processing the application. The intended recipients of the personal information are officers within Council. The supply of personal information by you is voluntary, however, if you cannot provide, or do not wish to provide the information sought, Council may be unable to process your application.
- You may make an application for access or amendments to your personal information held by Council under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act) or the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act). You may also make a request that Council suppress your personal information from a public register. Council will consider any such application in accordance with the PIPP Act.
- Information provided to Council in correspondence, submissions or requests, including your personal information, may be made publicly available, including on Council’s website, under the GIPA Act. Please notify us if you object to the disclosure of your personal information.
Page ID: 112987