Council is committed to supporting our local community by offering the opportunity for ‘real-life’ work experience across a broad range of employment and professional areas.
Due to the large number of requests Council receives for work experience, our program is aimed at students (Years 11 – 12 High School, TAFE, University or College) who are currently studying and required to undertake work placement in association with study and/or qualifications.
How to apply:
If you are an eligible student and wish to apply for a period of work experience, please send an email to email@example.com with the details requested below:
- Provide copies of course enrolment
- Provide copy of insurance coverage (Certificate of Currency) from your educational institution for the duration of your work experience with Council
- The required nominal hours as part of your course and the specific dates if available
- Provide evidence of current vaccinations if required for your placement (ie. Wastewater Treatment Plant, Waste Management Facility)
- Submit your request with a minimum of one month’s notice
On receipt of your application, a Council representative will contact you to discuss your possible placement.
While we place as many students as possible, due to high demand we are unable to guarantee that all requests for placements will be met.
Page ID: 158812