Community Sponsorship Program 2019/2020
Hawkesbury City Council may, from time to time, provide sponsorship to support activities which will benefit the residents of the Hawkesbury.
Working in partnership with our community to build a vibrant, connected and liveable Hawkesbury Council’s Community Sponsorship Program may support Hawkesbury based community organisations or individuals wanting to undertake activities that address the needs of the community as identified in Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
The purpose of Council’s sponsorship program is to enable community groups and individuals to access resources that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
These resources could include:
- Financial - in terms of direct funding
- Human - in terms of advice, skill and expertise of Council staff
- Material - in terms of goods and services provided directly by Council as an 'in-kind' contribution
There are three categories within the Community Sponsorship Program.
Access to Community Facilities
Financial assistance may be provided to subsidise half (50%) of the cost of hiring a Council or community facility with a maximum Council contribution of $750-. To be eligible an applicant must be a not-for-profit community group located in the Hawkesbury or providing services to the Hawkesbury. As part of their applications applicants will need to provide the following:
- The name of the facility being hired
- Confirmation of their not-for-profit status
- A copy of a current public liability insurance
- A written quote for the cost of hiring the community facility
Financial assistance may be provided to support the participation of residents who have been selected to represent their community in regional, national or international sporting competitions and cultural events. The level of contribution has been set at $150- for individuals and $750- for a team of 5 or more. To be eligible an applicant will be required as part of their application to provide the following:
- The name, date and location of the competition or event
- A letter from their coach of the organisers of the competition or event confirming their selection
- If an applicant is under 16, their parent or guardian will need to counter-sign the application form.
Council may provide funding community programs that help build a connected, healthy, inclusive and resilient Hawkesbury.
The maximum funding is $3000.
Community Sponsorship Strategy
Hawkesbury City Council has recently developed a Community Sponsorship Strategy.The Strategy delivers a transparent framework for Council to determine funding for community organisations and individuals applying under the Resilient Hawkesbury category.
As part of the Community Sponsorship Strategy Council has developed an:
- Eligibility Criteria – Council will only support community organisations and individuals whose applications meet the Criteria in the Eligibility Criteria. It is recommended that sponsorship applicants review the Criteria and ensure that their application meets the Criteria guidelines.
- Assessment Criteria Matrix – Council will assess each application against the Assessment Criteria Matrix to provide objectivity and a guide to applicant’s about the criteria Council will be using when making a decision about whether to support the project. The ‘score’ will be a good guide as to whether Council will support the event. It is recommended applicants review the Assessment Matrix Criteria and associated information to ensure their event scores as highly as possible on the Matrix.
It is recommended that all applicants review the Community Sponsorship Strategy, particularly the Eligibility Criteria and the Assessment Criteria Matrix prior to submitting a Community Sponsorship Application Form
If you would like more information on sponsorship opportunities or to apply for funding, please contact Hawkesbury City Council's Volunteer Programs and Community Grants Co-Ordinator on (02) 4560 4576 or Patricia.SUNDIN@hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
For information on funding for community events please contact our Events Co-ordinator on (02) 4560 4404.
Page ID: 1139